All you ever wanted to know about internal communication
Internal communication remains liable for effective communications that happen amongst members within an organization. Its scope varies by practitioner and organization and from delivering and producing messages.
Your internal communication does impact your business in various ways and they comprise:
- Cross-departmental collaboration
- Regular operations
- Strategic alignment within an organization
- Employee retention
- Employee engagement
- Company culture
- Customer service
- Employee productivity and motivation
Again, the scope of internal communication does also span from distributing organizational info to making employees into improved communicators both externally and internally and so, it does not come as a surprise that people look for the best internal communication software.
Kinds of internal communication
- Leadership-generated – Leadership-generation internal communication is acknowledged as the flow of info to employees from leaders and the top-down on the floor of an office. It is also recognized as downward communication and happens to be the chief role of IC. Leadership-generated communications emerge as both company-wide and formal and this kind of IC focuses on conveying staff regarding the general business direction as well as policy.
- Employee-generated – This kind of IC comprises all communications that happen between managers and employees and others who hold a high rank in the company. The employee-generated IC is also known as upward communication. This kind of internal communication does intend to talk with your employees and not talk at them. Employee-generated IC must give everyone a voice irrespective of location, seniority, or role.
- Peer-to-peer – This kind of communication is important for connecting various employees. The peer-to-peer IC is also called lateral communication and its objective is to encourage collaboration between employees. When employees communicate with their peers then the advantages of IC too become clear.
The key aspects of effective workflow automation
Everyone appreciates the highly effective job workflows as users find them to be user-friendly, easy to use, and intuitive. When it is a service management business, then field workers should move via step-to-stop stages of the workflow.
Some essentials for making excellent workflow management software are:
- Flexibility – A person must define workflows for catering to his requirements.
- Easy to use and intuitive – Workflow software must make sure that your field workers have been moving via step-by-step actions.
- Inbuilt email capacities – You must communicate well with your customers and so, email capacities should be available. These email capacities must be highly capable and configurable to send emails to customers and workers at different levels.
- Configurable – A flexible survey must be configurable and it must be related to assets and jobs for informing planning and analysis.
- Captures contact notes – A contact having customers must be captured in the form of compliments, notes, complaints, or other kinds of defined events.
- Compatible with smartphones – A workflow must be integrated with Android, iPhone, and the platforms of Windows and this will allow the workflow to be utilized on several mobile devices.
- Utilize progressions in SMS technology – Workflows must use threaded and intelligent 2-way SMS technology that threads conversations. They also match responses to the outbound messages.
Hence, the best enterprise workflow automation must drive business efficiencies and should also augment workforce productivity and service delivery.